Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Decisions--Preliminary. And one filled-out i-600a.

I think the Homeland Agency, and its Xingfu program, are right for us if they will work with us. I loved the sense that these people, with all of their depths of knowledge and experience, would be interested in getting to know us as a family, would know the children involved, if not personally then at least in the sense of really knowing where they come from--and would want to match us with Four. I could say more, and I will, but I am going to wait to apply to them and be sure that it works out. I have talked to other agencies and other possibilities--CHI being one I liked very much, with the advantage of working in our area--and I think I need to see how that plays out.

Filled out the big i-600a last night, got all the copies made, everything ready to go: And left it to sit until tonight. For one thing, it's never a bad idea to give something like that a second look before you send it. For another...well, it's a big step. But all I have felt all day is anxious to get it in the mail!

Poptart earned big points today by proposing, out of the blue, that if this happens we will need a lot more housekeeping help. Now that, gentlemen, is the kind of talk that gets a girl hot! (Aas my friends the authors of Finding the Doorbell would say, "it's the little things that get you laid!")

1 comment:

M said...

Congratulations! I think you'll love the XingFu program! Homeland is fantastic, Pam and Nancy and amazing, and the whole experience has been great for us.

Good luck!