Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An Official Document! A Very Tiny One!

Well, we are now official--at something. The USCIS sent us a little tiny reciept, like a cash register receipt, for our money order. They divided it up according to the official fee and the two fingerprinting fees, so they did, apparently know what it was for. And there it was, all alone in its little hand-addressed envelope.

I put in the big drawer of adoption stuff, which is apparently my idea of "being really organized about this."

1 comment:

Stephanie and Gary said...

I have to congratulate you as well! ;-) and thanks for the thought provoking entry about disabilities. Really important to think about. When I was 16, I was a camp counselor. One of the girls (age 9) was so beautiful, and also missing one of her arms from the elbow to the hand. Her arm ended in a calloused mess of skin that was almost like a little hand. My point is that, jarring as that was, we often played circle games. And I willingly would hold her arm. She always hugged me, she put her hands in mine, she wore sleeveless shirts. She acted beyond this disability and in turn, I learned so much, and no longer saw her as what I did on the first day of camp before I knew her. It was eye opening and I am grateful to have been reminded of this story now, as I know I will have to make these decisions soon too.
Steph