Wednesday, November 5, 2008

1-171 Thingy

Obnoxious--we sent in our Homestudy, and five days later (including a weekend) we had our approval. After all the reading of timelines and the 1-800a process, I was expecting a three month wait. But happily, the I-600 still seems to be rolling along.

Our preliminary papers head off to China to be matched with a referral in the next few..weeks? months? Who knows. All depends on who waits in those orphanages. 6 more just got added to our program, so I envision lots of kids, waiting--like a store with Cabbage Patch Dolls that didn't open until hours after all the other stores had been cleared out or something. I envisioned the two initial orphanages as getting rather cleaned out. I know that's not true, but it does seem like youngish girls with mostly minor needs (we have a few slightly biggy-er ones we can deal with) go like hotcakes. Everybody wants a girl? Why is that? For me, it's A) because Gertie needs a sister and won't let me pick out her clothes and B) a Chinese girl is only half different from me.


No comments: